The FMS Maintenance Services unit provides services to all buildings and structures on both the University Park Campus and the Health Sciences Campus. Maintenance Services includes four shops:
Together these shops perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on plumbing, HVAC, related control systems, roofs, fire alarms, elevators and emergency generators. It is our goal to provide a safe, comfortable and accessible environment for all USC faculty, students, staff and visitors, year in and year out.
- Making adjustments, maintaining, and repairing building heating and cooling systems.
- Responding to requests regarding office/room temperature.
- Maintaining and repairing campus plumbing systems (for example: domestic water supply, restroom and laboratory fixtures, waste and storm drains, and water distribution for hydronic heating and cooling systems).
- Conducting preventive maintenance for building mechanical systems.
- Repairing light fixtures and other electrical systems.
- Maintaining and repairing building pumps, fans and motors, and changing filters and fan belts.
- Testing, inspecting and maintaining building fire alarms and fire sprinkler systems.
- Testing, inspecting and maintaining chair lifts and doors for disability access and ADA compliance.
Zone Maintenance is part of the Operations Department. Please visit the Zone Maintenance page for more information.