The FMS Special Services (SPS) unit provides a variety of moving services, ranging from moving furniture around in one office to transporting equipment across campuses. All services are billable to the customer or department requesting services.
Our Responsibilities Include:
- Moving office furniture or equipment between rooms in the same building.
- Transporting office furniture or equipment between buildings on campus or between campuses.
- Moving items between University campuses and non-university sites (University-related business only).
- Removing and disposing of old/non-operable furniture and equipment (desks, chairs, refrigerators, lab equipment, etc.).
- Providing bins for the shredding of confidential material and large amounts of recyclable materials.
- Providing cardboard boxes for moving and storing materials.
- Supporting special events on campus including the delivery, set up, and breakdown of podiums, signage and miscellaneous equipment.
Steps to Request Service
NOTE: BEFORE requesting service, you must:
- Obtain either a USC department internal requisition OR a blank requisition number.
- Prepare to provide a detailed list of locations and description of services being requested, including contact names and numbers.
- For date or time specific requests, be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days before date/time desired.
Complete an on-line Service Request Form (requisition information required).
Call the Customer Resource Center for your appropriate campus to submit a Service Request.
- University Park Campus (UPC) (213) 740-6833
- Health Sciences Campus (HSC) (323) 224-7001
For further assistance you may also contact Eric R. Duran at (323) 442- 0161.
Fees for Service:
$33.00 per hour/per employee (most jobs require two employees minimum).