Network Services supports all FMS information technology needs including networking, help desk, PC hardware setup, trouble analysis, and problem resolution. Network Services also works closely with USCs Information Technology Services Department (ITS) to ensure that FMS IT activities are in compliance with University regulations, policies and procedures.
Network Services is responsible for all of the FMS IT assets including all network servers, personal computers, other hardware, and end-user software applications. Our goal is to provide users with continuous access to IT resources, and to resolve any problems in a timely manner to help maintain and increase system-wide productivity.
Help Desk, Installation and User Support:
- assisting users with computer hardware and software problems, troubleshooting, analysis and resolution
- providing storage, backup and restore services for network-shared user files
- setting and maintaining access control lists to secure files
- setting up network-based printers and installing printer drivers on user computers
- coordinating with printer vendors to troubleshoot problems and assist with resolution
Network Server Scalability and Hosting
- maintaining the FMS SAN (Storage Area Network) to provide scalable and highly redundant storage for FMS servers
- managing virtual (cloud-based) host servers required by applications
- managing and coordinating various end-user applications (including: Meridian, Laserfiche, ActiveProject and GroupWise) for document and drawing storage, email, and calendaring of events, shutdowns, conference rooms and vehicles